Thursday 4 July 2013

Maroochydore

In Maroochydore we had a ball. We met up with our good friend called Cameron, we went to Eumundi market, we did a painting at Cameron's mum Shirley's house and we went to Australia Zoo. We had something to do everyday.


Firstly, we went to see Cameron. We had so morning tea then went and saw his new apartment. Then we went to Shirley's house and did a lovely painting. We got to use her best paints. She is a artist and does the most amazing artworks. I did the Eiffel tower, Finn did a crocodile and Callam did some abstract art. I learnt that when your painting on canvas its god to do the outline of your drawing with chalk before you paint it because it rubs straight off if you make a mistake.


The next day we went to Eumundi Markets with Cameron. Eumundi Markets was the best markets I've ever been to. I bought some gifts for friends and some things for my self. The markets were absolutely huge. There were every stall you could imagine. My favourite was a Tye dye stall with a pair of Tye dye high top converse. I wasn't allowed to get them though.

Finally we went to Australia Zoo. We were super lucky because the whole Irwin family were there including Bindi. She did some dancing then did a wildlife warriors show with Terri and Robert. It was incredible. There were birds flying over your head and crocs everywhere. We got to feed the elephants and they were so cute. We also saw the set of Bindi's Boot Camp. My favourite animal at the zoo was the otters because they were really funny. Did you that female elephants don't have tusks! I also learnt that Asian Elephants have smaller ears. I recommend a trip to this Zoo. It really is good!






The weather is cooler now so we didn't go swimming at the beach. The days were warm and sunny though.

2 comments:

  1. Australia zoo sounds amazing. I like the photo of the elephant eating out of your hand, it must have felt strange. Catch ya soon.Renee.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know Marley that in the Sixties Hippies would communicate with one another through traditional tee dying practices? I wish I could have been at those markets with you, enjoying the warm sunshine.
    Australia Zoo looks great- and how about seeing a live Bindi, Bob and Terii in the wild????Gguess we'll be seeing you soon hey? Enjoy the rest of the warmth!
    Aunt Jo. xxx.

    ReplyDelete